School Uniform District Board policy provides for a mandatory student uniform policy district-wide, Kindergarten through Eighth Grade in all schools. The PALMQUIST student uniform consists of white, red, or blue shirt or blouse with collar and long or short sleeves, tucked in; with navy blue pants (no denim), shorts, skort, skirt, or jumper; navy or white sweater or sweatshirt, navy jacket, closed toe white, navy or black shoes. If you do not want your student to participate in the mandatory uniform policy, an opt-out form must be completed and kept on file at the school.
Wednesday Uniform Option Wednesday is “Accelerated Reader” shirt day. Students who earn and wear an Accelerated Reader shirt will receive special privileges. As an option, Wednesday is also a free dress day.
District General Dress Code
- Shoes should be closed toe and closed heel. High heels, sandals, and backless shoes are not allowed.
- Clothing must be clean and in good repair and cannot be tattered or torn. Skirts or shorts shorter than mid-thigh are prohibited. Clothing items that are not allowed include: bandanas, scarves, headbands, beanies or stocking caps of any kind will be allowed in school. Absolutely no sagging or bagging of pants or other garments will be allowed. No oversized, hanging belts are allowed. On "free-dress" days, absolutely no gang affiliated clothing will be permitted to be worn on campus. Bare midriffs, tank tops, beachwear, sunglasses, spaghetti straps, strapless or backless clothing
- Jewelry should not be dangerous or distracting. No chains, large necklaces or hanging “loop-style” earrings are allowed.
- Hats are allowed for sun protection. Students will be allowed to wear hats outdoors only. Hats must have a brim or bill, and they must be worn pointing forward. No hats with questionable logos may be worn.
- Unkempt hair or bright, unnatural, distracting or exotic hair color will not be permitted.
- Parents may review Board Policy 5132 pertaining to the entire dress code.